TEKS is a privately owned French high tech company actively involved in process design and optimization, environmental assessment, training and technology exploitation. TEKS is focused on environmentally friendly manufacturing with a sustainability research team developed to assess the environmental impact of manufacturing processes. TEKS has its legal base close to the Alps in France, simulation facilities in the South of France (Montgenevre) and a laboratory testing and clean manufacturing optimisation centre in the UK (Rotherham).
The core activities of TEKS are
- Process design and optimisation
- Life Cycle Assessment to consider environmental impact
- Life Cycle Cost modelling for an economic perspective
- Advanced materials development for automotive and aerospace applications
- Technology exploitation
- Virtual Reality competencies
- Web enabled training and communications
- Technical expertise: engineering, materials development, manufacturing, bio-security and risk analysis
- Psychological assessment
Role and contribution to REProMag
TEKS leads all activities and support project partners with regard to the environmental and economic impact assessment of the SDS processing route. In addition, TEKS guides the REProMag partners in the collection of environmental, economic and health and safety data collection in order to perform an in-depth analysis of the environmental and economic perspectives, whilst addressing any potential health hazards. TEKS activity focuses on R&D for the environmental and cost effective successful introduction of the REProMag technologies in a real production environment.
Dr. Nicki Ridgway